Online Curriculum Developer and Teacher
Salary/Wages Salary and Benefits are commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Type: Part Time
Location: Nimbus Christian Education (online)
Educational Requirements: Ontario College of Teachers, Christian School Teacher Certificate, or equivalent.
Closing Date: 2021-01-14 9:00PM
Are you excited about the future of Christian Education? Do you have a heart for applying your Christian Worldview to the areas in which you teach? Do you have some amazing lessons that you would like to share with the world? Can you see the potential in online learning experiences to reach our community? Would you like to work from home? Would you enjoy working with a flexible schedule?
Nimbus Christian Education is seeking Course Developers and Teachers to develop and teach online courses for use in Ontario, Canada.
Specific courses we seek to develop:
- Issues in Canadian Geography, Grade 9, Academic, (CGC1D)
- Healthy Active Living Education, Grade 9, Open (PPL1O)
- Career Studies, Grade 10, Open (GLC2O)
- The Ontario Secondary School Literacy Course (OSSLC/OLC4O), Grade 12
Additional areas of study we would like to develop online courses for:
- And more
- Collaborate with a team of Christian educators from across Canada.
- Develop all content required for an online course:
- Record video lessons.
- Create assignments and projects.
- Create assessments and evaluations along with answer keys.
- Ensure that the resources developed focus on meeting the expectations of the Growing and Success document as required by the Ministry of Education.
- Ensure intentional implementation of appropriate Christian Worldview.
- Engage in an ongoing review process to improve the course over time.
- Teach the course online.
- Ontario College of Teachers, Christian School Teacher Certificate, or equivalent.
- Degree or experience in the relevant subject area.
It would be beneficial if the applicant has:
- Taken online courses.
- Taught online courses.
- Created online courses.
- Taught in a flipped classroom or blended format classroom.
- Used Google Apps for Education.
- Used Moodle.
- Worked in a virtual workplace.
- Created a locally developed course for approval by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
This is a definite part time flexible position.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, references, Philosophy of Christian Education, and a sample of your relevant work to email@example.com
. Indicate in your application which course you would like to become the developer for.
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be prepared for an interview over Google Meet.