Statement of Faith
Please read the following and check the box below to indicate your understanding to the ACSIEC Statement of Faith.
1. The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
3. Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh (John 10:33); we affirm his virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), sinless humanity (Hebrews 4:25, 7:26), divine miracles (John 2:11), vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), bodily resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4), ascension (Mark 16:9), ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5)
5. The Holy Spirit enables believers to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
6. The Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers. (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
7. God will judge the living and the dead. (John 5:28-29)
** Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, is the unchanging foundation for all beliefs and behaviour.