Primary/Junior - SUPPLY POOL
Salary/Wages To be discussed.
Location: Signet Christian School
Educational Requirements: See job description.
Experience Required: See job description.
Closing Date: 2022-09-30 1:00PM
Signet Christian School is K-6 Private school in Toronto. We're proud of our busy team of
teachers, and we are now hiring an Elementary School Teacher to help us keep growing. If
you're excited to be part of a winning team, Signet Christian School is a perfect place to serve
families in North York. You'll be glad you applied to join our ministry.
- Keep the classroom under control
- Develop lesson plans according to Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum Guidelines as a
- Establish and enforce a set of rules for the classroom
- Prepare students to matriculate to the next grade
- Monitor the halls in between classes
- Administer homework, assignments and prepare assessments for grading students` levels
- Educate students on the school`s moral codes, values and behaviours, including chapels and
- Encourage students to learn as much as they can and support their style of learning
- Keep parents updated on their child's progress and relate to parents and guardians
accordingly preparing report cards and other verbal reports intermittently when Parent-
teacher conferences are scheduled
- Plan and organize academic events and activities both in and outside of school property
- Keep the classroom neat, organized and orderly, facilitating a positive learning environment
- Recognize problematic behaviour in students and report to Principal and Special needs
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree in teaching
- Teaching certification from Ontario
- Empathy to care for students
- Ability to control a classroom
- Great scheduling ability
- Great organizational skills
- Great communication and listening skills
- Ability to communicate issues to parents
- Ability to get the most out of any student
Christian Education requirements:
- written Statement of Faith and Testimony.
- Private school;
- Elementary and High school;
- Daycare Preschool
How to apply
Please call 416-715-7515 or send resumes to email@example.com. We will continue to take applicants until the pool is sufficiently full. We need supply for Kindergarten through Grade 6.
Applicants will need 2 references and a statement of faith and current date Police Vulnerability Check as per the protocol of the homeroom teacher.