Salary/Wages Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour. Please only apply if this is what you are expecting for in compensation.
Type: Part Time
Location: Peoples Christian Academy (Markham)
Educational Requirements: Business Administration diploma or similar
Closing Date: 2023-08-01 9:00AM
Since 1971, Peoples Christian Academy (PCA) Inc. (“PCA”) has been offering education at both the elementary and high school levels. Additionally, PCA operates an Early Learning Centre. PCA is a registered charity under the Income Tax Act (Canada) and is governed by an elected Board of Directors.
MISSION AND VISION
The mission: Peoples Christian Academy is committed to preparing the whole person to reach the whole world for Christ.
The Vision: Peoples Christian Academy is a missional school where children are trained in Christ’s ways in order to be placed by Him in their respective mission fields to defend Christian truth and values, serving His purpose for His glory.
Each employee at PCA must have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Saviour and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living. The employee shall be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others. He/she shall also be in wholehearted agreement with PCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Family Values, and be a member in good standing at a local evangelical
church that has a statement of faith and core family values in agreement with PCA’s. He/she shall have the spiritual maturity, personal qualities, and professional qualifications to serve the PCA community in his/her role in accordance with these requisite beliefs and values.
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Reporting to the Business Manager, the (part-time) School Receptionist is the first impression of PCA, demonstrating superior customer service while managing general administrative duties and the daily functions of the Reception desk. The ideal candidate will also facilitate communication between administrators, teachers, and students’ families. You will need to speak authoritatively on a variety of topics,
including rules, disciplinary measures, and day-to-day operations. You may also be required to present policies and regulations to school visitors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greeting visitors and accepting deliveries
- Handling incoming calls and maintaining a professional, welcoming customer service-oriented environment
- Answers inquiries and relays messages from parents, students, staff, and the public both by telephone and in-person
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing courier packages/faxes
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Provide general information to clients and the public
- Files and maintains a variety of materials such as confidential and non-confidential correspondence (i.e.: incident reports, student files, etc.)
- Maintains adequate inventory of office and general supplies, ensures accuracy of incoming orders, and submits discrepancy reports
- Administers minor first aid to students such as applying band-aids and dispensing ice packs
- Administer regular / emergency medication pre-authorization by a legal guardian
- Check office voicemail and follow up with requests
- A/R collection and review (i.e.: chapel offering, school trips/activities, tuition fee, school events/functions, etc.)
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work with constant interruptions and to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain attention to detail for periods of sustained duration
- Ability to determine, judge, and select an appropriate course of action within limits of established methods and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact and discretion in the explanation and clarification of information
- Comfortable, multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks with minimal supervision
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; as well as Gmail and Google platforms (i.e.: Docs and Sheets)
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in an office environment
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin and/or Cantonese is an asset, but not required
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a part-time position based on 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm. Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour. Please only apply if this is what you are expecting for in compensation.
- The Receptionist will be based in Markham. It is a dynamic, fluid work environment with competing high-priority demands and fast pace.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter, statement of faith, and current resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line: “School Receptionist”.PCA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. Also note that as a condition of employment, short-listed interview candidates will be required to submit a police vulnerable sector check dated within six (6) months of application.