Human Resources Generalist
Salary/Wages This is a part-time position, based on 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 per hour. Please only apply if this what your expecting for in compensation.
Type: Part Time
Location: Peoples Christian Academy (Markham)
Educational Requirements: Business Administration or Human Resources Management diploma or similar
Experience Required: Minimum 3+ experience in Human Resources
Closing Date: 2023-08-01 12:00PM
Since 1971, Peoples Christian Academy (PCA) Inc. (“PCA”) has been offering education at both the elementary and high school levels. Additionally, PCA operates an Early Learning Centre. PCA is a registered charity under the Income Tax Act (Canada) and is governed by an elected Board of Directors.
MISSION AND VISION
The mission: Peoples Christian Academy is committed to preparing the whole person to reach the whole world for Christ.
The vision: Peoples Christian Academy is a missional school where children are trained in Christ’s ways in order to be placed by Him in their respective mission fields to defend Christian truth and values, serving His purpose for His glory.
Each employee at PCA must have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Saviour and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living. The employee shall be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others. He/she shall also be in wholehearted agreement with PCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Family Values, and be a member in good standing at a local church that has
a statement of faith and core family values in agreement with PCA’s. He/she shall have the spiritual maturity, personal qualities, and professional qualifications to serve the PCA community in his/her role in accordance with these requisite beliefs and values.
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Reporting to the Business Manager the (part-time) Human Resources Generalist will work closely with PCA’s leadership team and payroll staff, supporting all employee groups within the school.
The position carries out responsibilities in the following areas:
- Benefits administration
- Attendance support and wellness
- Employee and labour relations
- Staffing and recruitment
- Onboarding and ongoing evaluation
- Policy and program compliance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates with the payroll staff to process new hires and provides intake and orientation of the school
- Processes terminations of employment
- Maintains confidential records, ensuring appropriate documentation is completed and distributed to employees, and management
- Administers employee benefits package for all staff
- Liaises with representatives of external companies regarding employee benefits
- Liaises with payroll staff to proactively address staffing, compensation, and benefits issues
- Submits all work-related claims and disability claims
- Interprets and applies all Employment Standards Act, in consultation with the leadership team
- Collects and analyzes information and proposes courses of action
- Demonstrates exemplary organizational, analytical, time, and information management skills
- Maintains staff criminal record checks
- Prepares documents and engages in timely correspondence to carry out the above duties
- Acts as the main point of contact for employee queries on HR related topics (i.e.: absences/leaves, compensation, etc.); and resolve any issues that may arise
- Other related duties as assigned or required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interpret and apply the Employment Standards Act
- Ability to provide solutions to disputes regarding employee benefits
- Excellent interpersonal communication and resolution skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Exemplary organizational, analytical, and planning skills as well as diplomacy, confidentiality, and superior information management skills
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships
- Proficiency with database management
- Extensive experience in the use of MS Office Suite (i.e.: Word, Excel); as well as Gmail and Google platforms (i.e.: Docs and Sheets)
The Human Resources Generalist will be based in Markham. It is a dynamic, fluid work environment with competing high-priority demands and a fast pace.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter, statement of faith, and current resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line: “Human Resources Generalist”.PCA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. Also note that as a condition of employment, short-listed interview candidates will be required to submit a police vulnerable sector check dated within 6 months of application.